In 1941 the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth opened the doors of Nazareth Academy Grade School to those families seeking an educational environment for their children founded on love and respect as primary values. Built on property that was purchased in the 1920's, the original school building was housed in a renovated barn at the corner of Grant and Frankford Avenues. When Holy Family College was established in 1954, it later became necessary to relocate the grade school facility to a new location. On September 10, 1967, the cornerstone was laid and Nazareth Academy Grade School took its new location at 4701 Grant Avenue.
Nazareth Academy Grade School is now part of a larger and continually expanding educational campus that includes Holy Family University, Nazareth Academy High School and Alpha House Pre-School. On this magnificent campus, one can truly feel the warm energy and charisma by strolling the grounds and enjoying the buildings, old and new. In visualizing continued growth, progressing in stages, one is able to acknowledge the historical diversity emphasizing the place of family and devotion in the educational process.
Since 1981, Nazareth has been fully accredited by the Middle States Association of Colleges and Schools. The accreditation process has validated educational excellence while recognizing school improvement, thus constantly sustaining a quality education for our students.
Since its inception, Nazareth has contributed its own spirit to the campus and remains strong. In 2002, a Capital Campaign entitled "Building a Better World, One Student at a Time" was initiated to increase instructional classroom space. Through stellar efforts of many dedicated and talented individuals, an addition was opened in 2006 featuring bright and inviting classrooms for Science, Mathematics, and Music.
The academic excellence to which students are called, in combination with the value-based curriculum helps Nazareth promote and continue the "Tradition of Excellence" that it professes. The dedication and commitment of Nazareth Academy Grade School to achieve its objectives and strategic planning for the future is evident from its past accomplishments.
Seventy-nine years later, the Sisters of the Holy Family of Nazareth and their mission continue to guide our school in an everlasting vision, which captivated our foundress, Blessed Mary of Jesus the Good Shepherd (Frances Siedliska): "We are committed to creating communities of love and hope which celebrate the oneness of the human family."